Industry newcomer initiative Business Risk & Resilience XGen, serves to focus on developing the skills of qualified, intelligent and enthusiastic resilience practitioners and adding value to the business continuity industry as a whole.
XGen is dedicated to moving the industry forward, and to ensuring the professional mobility of people who know where they would like to be in a decade’s time.
This distinct not-for-profit initiative has successfully gained the support and sponsorship of many of the industry’s highly regarded figures, and has already established a significant, yet growing, network of students and industry newcomers from both public and private sectors.
The May Conference will provide an excellent opportunity for XGen individuals to get together and hear from a range of senior industry professionals, who will cover a number of topical items, at the forefront of the industry.
The event will be held from 13.00 to 18.00 at KPMG's Canary Wharf Office, 15 Canada Square.
The full schedule is shown beneath:
- Arrival and Registration (13.00-13.15)
- Welcome and Introduction - Joe MacDonnell, Dan Castle & Laurence Clarkin
- Learning from Experience - Will Brown, Head of Business Resilience - KPMG UK
- Interactive Session and Scenario Exercise
- Coffee and Break
- Panel Discussion - Views from our speakers and audience
- Leadership in Crisis and Reputation Protection - Robert Jensen, Chief Executive Officer - Kenyon International Emergency Services
- Defining your Career Path 'Specialist or Generalist' - Roseann McSorley, Head of Business Resiliency & Technology and Operations Controls Oversight - JP Morgan Chase & Co.
- The Relationship Between Academia and Practice 'How we can All Benefit' - Dr Paul Robertson, Head of Crisis Management - PwC
- Closing Remarks - Joe MacDonnell & Dan Castle
- Networking Reception (16.45-18.00)
The event is free to attend, however numbers are restricted and therefore places are limited to a first come first severed basis. To register - please click here.
More information on Xgen can be found on the Xgen website, here: http://www.brrxgen.com/index.php